Pages

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Couple Deems "Uncle Buck" A Classic

Yesterday was Fred and Tanya Murphy's weekly movie night.  Fred, being a lover of late 80's-early 90's comedies, decided to pick up Uncle Buck from their local video store.  Prior to last night, he had been told it was a classic, but he was skeptical.  Before viewing the film, Fred said "I'm not so sure.  I mean, John Candy is great and all...but as a wacky uncle caring for his brother's kids?  I just can't see that being funny."  Tanya's sister, Lisa, has seen Uncle Buck several times in the past and "couldn't believe" Fred and Tanya hadn't seen it.  "There's this scene with a pancake," Lisa told the couple.  "I can't even describe it.  It's hilarious.  I still can't believe you two haven't seen it."

Candy was named after John Candy.  Also, we imagine he smelled like Jujubes.

Upon watching the film, the Murphys were pleasantly surprised.  Tanya thought it was "sweet, sincere, and made me laugh."  Fred described his favorite scene, "When he punched the clown, I may or may not have choked on a piece of popcorn.  I rewound it and watched that part again."  Next week, the couple plans on watching Ferris Bueller's Day Off , but Fred doesn't know if it can live up to the hype.  "Okay, I'll admit I was wrong about Uncle Buck, but a movie about a kid skipping school...there's no way that's funny."

1 comment:

  1. There's this scene with a pancake, I can't even describe it. It's hilarious" hahahahah. Hilarious.

    ReplyDelete